Do you want to know the top 10 best medical courses to study in Nigeria 2024/2025?
Luckily, there are thousands of best medical courses to study in Nigeria in this year.
Becoming a medical student, medical doctor, or Nurse can be very exciting.
In this article, we’ll show you all you need to know about Medical courses in Nigeria, the top 10 best medical courses to study in Nigeria and easily land your dream job.
You’ll also learn more about admission requirements for medical courses in Nigeria.
If your passion is to become a Medical doctor, Nurse, Dentist, or health practitioner then keep reading to see the most marketable medical courses in Nigeria.
Best Medical Courses to Study in Nigeria 2024/2025
Top 10 Most Marketable Medical Courses in Nigeria:
|Medicine And Surgery
|Medical Laboratory Science
|Doctor Of Pharmacy
See why you should study these courses.
Requirements To Study Medical Course In Nigeria 2022
- You must have reached the AGE of sixteen (16) by the 31st day of October in the year of admission.
- Meet Medicine And Surgery Cut off Mark.
- Choose Correct JAMB Subject Combination.
- Have a good JAMB, WAEC, Post UTME Score.
- For a start, you need to have at least 5 credit passes in your O’level result (WAEC and NECO) including English and Mathematics, not more than one (1) sitting before you can study Medicine And Surgery.
Direct Entry Requirements:
Below are the requirements for candidates that wish to gain admission into Nigerian Universities through Direct Entry To Study Medicine And Surgery.
- A minimum of 5 credits in the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE) Ordinary Level Credits in a maximum of One (1) sitting.
- Candidates must have ‘A’ level/IJMB passes in two subjects that are related to their area of study.
- JUPEB/A’ Level passes in Related subjects.
- Degree (First Class/Second Class Upper) in related fields.
- Direct entry candidates are required to purchase the Direct Entry form through the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- A minimum of Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND) and other Advanced Level Certificates.
Cut Off Mark
Before you will be offered admission to study any of the above courses in any university in Nigeria this year, you ought to have scored high in JAMB and have also passed the cut-off mark necessary for one to gain admission into the course in question.
To be on the safer side, you need to target at least a score of 250 and above in JAMB so as for you to have a high chance of gaining admission.
See JAMB cut off mark for medicine.
We hope that you found our article on the top 10 Medical Courses to Study in Nigeria to be helpful.