In this post, I will show you all you need to know about JAMB Mock Exam 2024/2025. If you are interested in knowing about JAMB Mock Exam 2024/2025or When Is Mock Exam Starting 2024?, What is JAMB MOCK Exam?.
If Yes, then this post is for you. It contains all the necessary things you need to know about the upcoming JAMB Mock Exam 2024/2025.
When Is JAMB Mock Exam Starting 2024/2025?
The JAMB mock exams for 2024 have been scheduled to hold on 9th April 2024 as announced by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
This means that JAMB has announced 9th April 2024 as the latest commencement date for the 2024/2025 JAMB mock exam for interested candidates.
I shall continue to update this page on the latest news and updates about JAMB Mock exam 2024.
Is JAMB Mock Compulsory?
JAMB Mock 2024/2025 Exam is Not Compulsory. It is completely optional.
This means that JAMB mock is not for every candidate, it’s not a requirement for writing the main exam.
Hence, you don’t need to panic if you didn’t register for it in the first place.
If you register, know that performing better in JAMB mock doesn’t guarantee a higher mark in the main UTME.
This means that you may score 300 in JAMB Mock and end up scoring 180 in the main UTME Exams.
Since the inception of UTME computer-based exams, JAMB has devised a way to get candidates prepared for the exam far before the date.
In order to achieve this, they came up with JAMB MOCK.
In other words, this exam is meant to prepare UTME candidates for the main UTME Exams.
What is JAMB MOCK Exam?
The JAMB Mock Exam is a yearly examination conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) before the main UTME Exams.
JAMB Mock exam aimed simply at exposing the candidates to the UTME TESTING MODE.
You will still write the main JAMB exam like every other registered candidate.
The questions that will appear during the Mock exam are not necessarily the questions that will appear during the main exam.
In summary, the JAMB MOCK exam is a preparatory exam.
Things To Know About JAMB Mock Exam 2024
Below are basic things you should know about the JAMB mock exam.
- JAMB Mock Exam is NOT COMPULSORY.
- The reason for the JAMB mock exams is only to expose you to the UTME TESTING MODE.
- The JAMB mock exam is not a REQUIREMENT TO WRITE THE MAIN EXAM.
- The result of the mock exam will NOT be added to the result of the main examination.
- If you earlier indicated interest to write the JAMB mock exam and later changed your mind, there is no problem at all.
- The questions that will appear during the Mock exam are not necessarily the questions that will appear during the main exam.
- The JAMB Mock Exam is expected to start at 7:00 am at the various centers (different sessions).
- There will be no makeup test if you miss the JAMB mock exam.
- For the JAMB mock examination, candidates’ venue will be within the state they registered for their 2022 UTME.
- You are expected to go to the mock exam centre with a copy of your JAMB mock examination slip or printout.
- Bags, mobile phones, calculators, and other electronic devices are not allowed in the JAMB MOCK exams centre.
- Please note that the mock examination is absolutely FREE! Do not pay any money to any CBT Centre for anything.
Importance Of JAMB Mock Exam 2024/2025
- Giving candidates clues to how JAMB UTME is like.
- Exposing candidates to the way JAMB set questions.
- Testing candidate’s ability for UTME.
- Allowing candidates to know if he or she is weak or strong in his or her subjects or otherwise.
- Familiarizing students with the use of computers to write tests.
- Making candidates understand the CBT exams environment.
Does JAMB Add The Mock Score To The UTME Score?
JAMB will not add the scores obtained from the mock exam to the main exam and the mock result will not directly or indirectly affect your main exam score positively or negatively.
The BAD and GOOD NEWS is that your JAMB MOCK SCORE will NOT be added to your UTME SCORE.
They’re independent of each other.
In fact, if you’re already familiar with the CBT exam environment, you may not need such a preparatory test.